Mastering the Power of Persuasion
In this session, we review the deeper meaning of language. Persuasion is the process of building a personal relationship and mutual trust with customers by speaking in the spectrum of languages they use both logically and emotionally, consciously and subconsciously. We examine the layers of the human communication model and the interactions between the layers that enable a person to discern a message’s accuracy and truthfulness. We study the inner-workings of the mind to understand the intangible, intuitive human element of the sales process. We analyze how to create rapport with the key members of the customer’s selection team. Topics covered include:
- Intensive Sales Linguistics Review and Exercises
- Understanding the Deeper Meaning of Language
- Structuring the Persuasive Corporate Presentation
- Advanced Rapport Techniques
- Group Presentation Tactics
- The Seven Different Sales Call Languages
- Constructing Metaphors for Winning Over Customers
- How to Winover the Subconscious Decision Maker
Selling to the C-Suite
Today, it takes a comprehensive strategy to win over the CEO, COO, CFO, and CIO. A strategy that enables a salesperson to differentiate himself from the competitors through value- Strategic value, Operational value, Political value, and Psychological value.
In this workshop, we review the following:
- The Grand Strategy to Win over the C-Level
- The Four Different Types of Departmental Buying Types (Consolidators, Consulters, Responders, and Bureaucrats)
- Penetrating the Organization at Various Levels of Responsibility
- Navigating to the C-Level: Identifying the Bully with Juice
- Maneuvers and Tactics to Defeat Arch-enemies
- Flanking Strategies When You’re Stuck at the Wrong Level
- The Human Nature of the C-Level: A Personal and Psychological Profile
- Selling the Four Values of Your Solution: Strategic, Operational, Political, and Psychological
- Presenting Your Solution: Using Logical Arguments, Emotional Appeal, and your Character
- Organizing the Presentation to the C-Level: How to Gain Credibility, Overcome Objections, and Consensus
- Connecting with The C-Level through Sales Linguistics(Using the Right Words at the Right Time to Persuade the C-Level to Buy)
-Advanced Sales Call Strategy for Senior Salespeople
-Enterprise Sales Strategy and Complex Sales Psychology
About Steve W. Martin:
Steve W. Martin is the foremost expert on “Sales Linguistics,” how customers use language during the complex decision-making process.
Early in his career, he was introduced to neurolinguistics. When he transitioned into sales, he realized that he could build models to create successful relationships based upon customers’ language and thought processes. Without any sales experience to speak of, he was the number one salesperson in his company for the following four years.
Steve became a top sales producer for a billion-dollar software company and was promoted into management to imprint his “selling model” on other salespeople within the organization. As vice president of sales later, Steve successfully trained his salespeople on the sales strategies and communication skills that are necessary to close large complex accounts. Steve Martin has been personally responsible for over a quarter of billion dollars of high technology sales while working for leading edge Silicon Valley companies over the past twenty years.
He is the author of critically acclaimed “Heavy Hitter” series of books about enterprise sales strategies for senior salespeople. Heavy Hitter Sales Psychology: How to Penetrate the C-Level Suite and Persuade Company Leaders to Buy (2009) is the first book to truly explain what to say and do in meetings with C-Level executives. The book is based upon extensive interviews with over 500 C-level executives. Heavy Hitter Sales Wisdom: Proven Sales Warfare Strategies, Secrets of Persuasion, and Common-Sense Tips for Success (2006) is considered mandatory reading by Selling Power Magazine and Customer Relationship Magazine. Heavy Hitter Selling: How Successful Salespeople Use Language and Intuition to Persuade Customers to Buy (2004) is recommended reading by the Harvard Business School and has been featured in Forbes and the Wall Street Journal.
Steve is a regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review, Sales and Marketing Management, and the Software Sales Journal. His “Heavy Hitter Sales Blog” is the top-ranked business-to-business sales blog and one of the most popular sales blogs according to Alltop.com and Blogs.com.
When not working with his clients, Steve teaches sales strategy at the University of California Berkeley, Haas Business School MBA Program and at the University of Southern California Marshall Business School MBA Program (respectively ranked 5th & 6th in the nation by US News and Report).