Mitchell Marks’ Topics:
Making Mergers and Acquisitions Work: Managing the Human, Cultural and Organizational Issues
If 75% of mergers and acquisitions fail, what makes the other 25% succeed? This presentation looks at the factors that distinguish successful and failed combinations. It identifies sources of employee stress and culture clash, and provides specific methods for minimizing their unintended impact on corporate combinations. It also gives advice for building a “one team” mindset and finding and locking in true synergies that make one plus one equal three in a merger or acquisition.
An Employee Survival Guide to Mergers, Acquisitions and Transitions
This fast paced and engaging workshop educates employees at all levels on the M&A and transition process. It offers insights into the human, cultural, organizational and strategic issues—and opportunities—that occur in all transitions. It is designed to help people understand what is going on within themselves and around them in the organization, so they can feel more like architects of change rather than victims of change. And, it provides practical tools for minimizing transition-related stress and maximizing opportunities to contribute to desired organizational change.
Maintaining Productivity During Organizational Change
This presentation for team leaders explains the stages employees go through during times of intense organizational change and shows how to manage each stage to help employees let go of old ways of thinking about and doing things and then accepting new ones. It provides proven methods for maintaining productivity during transition and getting employees focused on new business realities and opportunities.
Recovering from Difficult Times: Preparing Employees for Opportunities and Challenges
New economic realities have resulted in huge numbers of organizational restructurings and downsizings—layoffs due to factors beyond the control of employees and not their individual performance. The good news is that people are highly resilient—after working through their losses, they can regain focus on both short-term goals and long-term opportunities. This presentation shows how to help organizations—and their people—recover from difficult downsizings and restructurings. It illustrates how to enhance employee morale, team performance, and overall organizational effectiveness following difficult economic times. And, it provides tactics to help people work smarter—and not just harder—following a downsizing.
About Mitchell Marks:
Mitch Marks is an internationally recognized consultant, speaker, and researcher in the areas of organizational change, transition management, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, employee motivation, and organizational enhancement. He works with a broad range of organizations in the United States and abroad in areas including corporate culture, team building, organizational effectiveness, management development, executive coaching, senior team development, human resources management, and the strategic planning and implementation of organizational change.
Mitch works extensively with firms planning and implementing strategic changes, mergers, restructurings, downsizings, alliances, and other transitions. He is regarded as an innovator in developing innovative human resources and cultural approaches to achieving desired business results during transition. Current or past clients include Pfizer, AOL, Intel, Motorola, AT&T, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Unisys, Hewlett Packard, Lucent Technologies, Abbott Laboratories, KPMG Peat Marwick, Imperial Oil of Canada, BP Amoco, Molson Breweries, SBC, MCI WorldCom, Bank of America, Citibank, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, MCA, Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program, Blue Shield of California, Los Angeles County, the March of Dimes, and others in the financial, manufacturing, health care, entertainment, high technology, government, publishing, consumer products, and communications industries.
Mitch Marks is a frequent speaker to business groups and professional organizations. Having been involved in more than 100 cases of organizational transitions over the past 20 years, his presentations are filled with real world “war stories” from actual cases and provide practical strategies and methods for implementing desired change. His energetic and interactive style is well received by people at all organizational levels—executives, managers, and employees alike.
He is the author of Joining Forces: Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances, Charging Back Up the Hill: Workplace Recovery after Mergers, Acquisitions, and Downsizings and Managing the Merger, along with articles in management and scholarly journals.