Lisa Bodell’s Topics:
Why SIMPLE Wins: Escape the Complexity Trap and Get to Work That Matters
Imagine what you could do with the time you spend sitting in meetings and writing emails every day.
Complexity is killing companies’ ability to innovate and adapt, and simplicity is fast becoming the competitive advantage of our time. Drawing on her work with global organizations and themes from her latest book, Why Simple Wins, Bodell inspires leaders and their teams to proactively move beyond the feelings of frustration and futility that come with so much unproductive work in today’s corporate world.
Lisa Bodell shares tools and takeaways on how organizations and individuals can eradicate complexity, and allow Simplicity to be their new operating system and North Star towards an innovative workplace culture.
Kill the Company: End the Status Quo, Start an Innovation Revolution
Winning innovators embrace change – do you? What holds you back from better innovating, every day?
In too many organizations, we’re stuck in the land of status quo. We’ve forgotten how to think differently, and lack the simple tools to solve problems creatively. The very structures put in place to help organizations grow are now holding us back. So, it’s time to Kill the Company! This keynote is an inspirational call to arms: to start a revolution in how we think and how we work.
The key lesson of this Keynote: if we want people to approach change differently, we have to change our approach. You will learn how simplification lets us achieve more and better innovate. This can reignite critical aptitudes such as curiosity, inquiry, creative problem solving, and more.
About Lisa Bodell:
Founder and CEO of futurethink, Lisa Bodell is the bestselling author of Kill the Company, and her latest Why Simple Wins. She is a recognized global leader on innovation foresight and change management, whose keynotes leave audiences inspired with a vision and armed with tools towards action.
A dynamic speaker and futurist, Lisa Bodell has brought innovation to life for Google, Cisco Systems, Citigroup, Merck, Fidelity, Accenture and the U.S. Navy. Her presentations are frequently the highest-rated sessions at conferences, as she engages audiences and empowers them with practical tools, tips, and resources to start innovating immediately.
Bodell’s takeaways are proven transformational methods that she and her team at futurethink, an innovation-training firm helping businesses become world-class innovators, have successfully implemented with Fortune 500 companies around the world. The characteristics that define Bodell as a successful global speaker are the same as those that define her success as a CEO, a laser-focused ability to provide radical thinking and offer on-the-spot business solutions, with an inspired vision that motivates people to action.
Her new book and keynote, WHY SIMPLE WINS: Escape the Complexity Trap and Get to the Work that Matters, is a sought-after topic at every organizational level. In her presentation, Bodell shares tools and takeaways on how organizations and individuals can eradicate complexity and allow Simplicity to be their new operating system, and North Star towards an innovative workplace culture.
With a deep understanding of best practices across industries Lisa Bodell has contributed her expertise to a wide variety of media, including: Fast Company, WIRED, The New York Times, Inc., Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, FOX News, and CNN.
Lisa Bodell has served as an adviser on Novartis’ Diversity and Inclusion Board in Basel and she currently serves as a member of the Global Agenda Council for the World Economic Forum and an adviser on the boards of the Association of Professional Futurists; and the NSA.
- “Lisa has the winning combination you look for in a keynote speaker – she is insightful, engaging and energetic. She was the top rated speaker at two Google events and inspired our audience to start an innovation revolution.” -Google
- “Lisa’s message will not only open your eyes to what’s happening in our world, but will also provide you the tools to be able to take action … Her energy is contagious.” – Cisco Systems
- “Lisa’s message is incredibly relevant and compelling. I find her work to be thought-provoking, challenging and necessary given today’s complex and ever-changing business environment.” – Accenture
- “Lisa brought energy to the room of over 300 people and ignited a spirit of innovation across our Global Product Team. Our top session of the annual meeting.” -MasterCard Worldwide
- “Bodell made my leadership team think in new ways and helped us develop winning business ideas right in the room. My team now embraces innovation rather than fearing it.” -Citigroup Corporate Investment Bank