- Value-Based Care: How to Rapidly Create More And Better Care for Less Cost
- Patient Experience: Partner to Meet Patient Needs Ideally
- Sense, Respond, Adapt: Manage the Unpredictable in Real-Time
- Adaptive Design: Design, Do and Improve Across the Care Continuum
- Culture: Build Physician and Staff Accountability to Thrive at the Point-of-Care
- Centers of Value and Excellence: CoVE’s and the Future of Healthcare
- World-Class Safety+ “is not either/or, it’s and.”
About Dr. John Kenagy:
Dr. John Kenagy knows healthcare as a physician, executive, academic researcher and advisor. In addition to his clinical experience as a vascular surgeon, he has been Chief of Surgery, Chief of Staff and Regional Vice President for Business Development in a not-for-profit healthcare system. But, his most meaningful experience was becoming a patient.
His frustration with current methods was fueled by an injury – he suffered a broken neck in a fall from a tree. Critically injured, he discovered that his recovery depended on the efforts of dedicated individuals working in an unpredictable and often unresponsive system. Searching for new answers, he became a Visiting Scholar at Harvard Business School. His research included developing disruptive innovation healthcare strategy with Harvard Professor Clayton Christensen and translating to healthcare the drivers of success in resilient, highly adaptive companies like Toyota, Intel and Apple.
The result is Adaptive Design®, a clinically intelligent, self-sustaining system for rapidly developing, doing and improving patient-centered care within and across disciplines. His contributions have been widely recognized:
- Visiting Scholar, Harvard Business School
- Clinical Professor of Surgery, University of Washington
- Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, University of Pittsburgh
His best-selling book Designed to Adapt: Leading Healthcare in Challenging Times was named Healthcare Management Book of the Year by the American College of Healthcare Executives. Forbes Magazine featured Kenagy as “the man who would save healthcare.” Dr. Kenagy’s speaking, workshops, webinars, Experience Adaptive Design online training course and the Adaptive Design Leadership Learning System enable everyone to work together to deliver exactly what the patient needs now at continually lower cost. It’s the patient-centered approach to thriving in 21st Century healthcare.