The New Healthcare Consumer
- Life after the 2008 Recession – the new frugality
- How macroeconomics impact household/personal home microeconomics, and consumers’ health economics
- Consumer demand to DIY “life” via OpenTable for restaurants, AirBnB for hospitality, and online banking for financial services, is morphing to healthcare DIY – self-service healthcare, and shared decision making
- What retail healthcare digital tools consumers use
- What’s missing from this picture
- Implications and opportunities for the audience members (in this case, employers, HR, and prescription drug benefits stakeholders).
Healthcare Tech Trends
Healthcare Social Media
About Jane Sarasohn-Kahn:
Jane Sarasohn-Kahn is a health economist, advisor and trend-weaver to organizations at the intersection of health, technology and people.
Jane founded THINK-Health after spending a decade as a health care consultant in firms in the U.S. and Europe. Jane’s clients are all stakeholders in health, including technology, bio/life sciences, providers, plans, financial services, consumer products, public sector and not-for-profit organizations. Jane founded the Health Populi blog in 2007, covering health policy, technology, and consumers. Jane co-founded HealthcareDIY in 2013 to link consumers to evidence-based tools and knowledge for self-healthcare.
Jane advises clients on strategy and new product development via environmental analysis, scenario and strategic planning, and health policy analysis. She is on the advisory boards of CanSurround, CAQH’s U.S. Health Efficiency Index, GE Ventures, the Center for Connected Health, the Health 2.0 Conference, HealthBank, the HIMSS mHealth Committee, Intuit’s American Tax & Financial Center, the Society for Participatory Medicine, and WEGO Health. Jane is a frequent public speaker on health economics, consumers and technology. Jane also writes for Huffington Post and for California HealthCare Foundation’s iHealthBeat.
Jane has been named…
- Top role model in Rock Health’s The State of Women in Healthcare, 2015
- One of 25 Health Care Leaders You Should Follow on Twitter, 2015
- One of the Top 10 Health Care Leaders to Follow in 2015, 2015
- One of the Top 50 Health IT Blogs, 2014
- One of 84 Global Health Care Social Media and Digital Influencers on Twitter, 2014
- One of The #HIT100, 2014
- One of MDigitalLife’s Top 10 Twitter Accounts Doctors Follow, 2014
- One of 15 Influencers Shaping Digital Health in 2014, 2014
- 50 Public Health Blogs Worth Connecting With, 2014
- One of 100 Twitter Accounts to Follow in 2014, 2013
- A Woman to Watch in 2014 by Disruptive Women in Healthcare, 2013
- One of 8 Health IT Thought Leaders to Follow, 2013
- One of Ten Twitter Profiles of Public Health Advocates, 2013
- A Woman Rocking Health by Rock Health, 2011
- One of Five Fierce Female Health Bloggers to Watch, 2009
Jane holds an MA (Economics) and MHSA (Health Policy) from the University of Michigan.