BONNIE MARCUS’ POLITICAL TOOLKIT
In this keynote, Bonnie will lay out the tools women need to get ahead and stay ahead. The central theme of her book, The Politics of Promotion, her Political Toolkit has helped hundreds of women get promoted in competitive male-dominated industries. Practical solutions for the most common barriers to professional women’s success, the Political Toolkit includes:
- The Mirror: Learn how to define your value proposition, the unique way your work contributes to successful business outcomes, and how to articulate it to others in order to move up, recognize others you’ve led, and show how you benefit the business
- The Magnifying Glass: How to stay focused on all workplace dynamics and check in with your career goals. Do this daily in order to avoid power plays and leverage relationships
- The Pass Go and Collect $200 Card: Like drawing this card in the game Monopoly, this tool teaches you how to nurture strategic relationships while leveraging them to mutual advantage
- The Get Out of Jail Free Card: Sponsorship protects you and promotes you to win in the workplace. It’s the fast track – the fastest, most powerful way to advance your career. Learn how to find and negotiate for a sponsor
- The GPS: An executive coach is your career’s navigation system. They are your tool to help you reach your goals faster, maneuver the complexities of the workplace, overcome your limiting beliefs, and position yourself for success.
OWN YOUR AMBITION
Women who have chosen to embark upon a professional career path are often described as aspiring, goal-oriented and driven individuals. They are ambitious. In this keynote, Bonnie addresses the nature of ambition – where it comes from as well as ho w to nurture and maintain ambition for long term career success despite obstacles.
Bonnie helps the audience:
- To explore their mindset about ambition
- To nurture and manage their ambition amidst stress, career roadblocks, and changing desires
- Identify their internal barriers to owning their ambition
- Uncover external/structural barriers in their workplace
STAYING ON TOP: HOW WOMEN CAN GOVERN THEIR OWN LEADERSHIP
For women who have already landed their dream position, this keynote identifies Bonnie’s proven process for staying the course. Throughout, Bonnie teaches audiences how to:
- Spot roadblocks before hitting them. Women on top have an additional set of barriers to avoid once they get there, which include existing relationships in the C-Suite, a disconnection from the politics, and higher scrutiny
- Play a lead in workplace dynamics. Women on top have an increased ability to impact workplace dynamics. Whether forming committees within the organization or taking on their own mentees, women will learn Bonnie’s tactics for managing an organization’s workplace dynamics to the benefit of the organization as a whole
- The danger of the glass cliff. Women on top are prey to focusing too much on getting results, and not enough on the office politics. They don’t have the luxury of time to build their political and social capital. Here, Bonnie warns audiences of the consequences of disconnecting from the politics and becoming an office outsider
GPS YOUR CAREER: NAVIGATE YOUR PATH TO SUCCESS
In today’s business environment, it takes more than talent and hard work to be successful. It takes an intentional, proactive and strategic focus. This presentation helps attendees create and maintain a strategic course and take control of their career advancement..
Attendees will learn:
- The importance of strategic thinking for career advancement
- Specific strategies and tactics including self-promotion and networking
- How to create an action plan for their career
- Tips to stay motivated and focused.
LOOK OUT BEFORE YOU LEAN IN: OVERCOMING SECOND GENERATION GENDER BIAS
Women are being told to lean in and embrace their ambition, but what happens when they lean in? Not every organization is receptive to assertive ambitious women. This keynote offers a guide for ambitious women to assess the culture and workplace dynamics in their organization to uncover hidden gender bias, the rules and the unwritten rules, and put a plan in place to get ahead and stay ahead.
In this keynote presentation, Bonnie addresses:
- What to look for: How to company culture and rules support gender bias
- How to identify, circumvent, and overcome gender bias
- How women can better position themselves in their organization to be successful
MASTERING THE ART OF SAVVY SELF-PROMOTION: HOW TO GAIN VISIBILITY AND CREDIBILITY
IN THE WORKPLACE – Contact us for details.
About Bonnie Marcus:
Award-winning entrepreneur, ICF-certified executive coach, and Forbes and Business Insider contributing writer, Bonnie Marcus, M.Ed. helps women get ahead and stay ahead. As a worldwide speaker and the President and Founder of Women’s Success Coaching, Bonnie guides professional women in navigating the workplace, embracing self-promotion, and advancing their careers with political savvy. Her book, The Politics of Promotion: How High-Achieving Women Get Ahead and Stay Ahead (Wiley), details common, research-backed landmines women encounter in the workplace and provides proven tools for women to overcome these problems and be successful.
Bonnie’s own professional background includes over twenty years of sales and management experience, including as CEO of a ServiceMaster company and Vice President of Sales at Medical Staffing Network, as well as two other national companies in the healthcare and software industries. She has also held executive positions in startup companies and Fortune 500 companies.
In addition to Forbes and Business Insider, Bonnie’s advice has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Inc., Fast Company, the Huffington Post, Reader’s Digest, CIO Magazine, Women in HR, Women Entrepreneur, and more.
Some of Bonnie’s clients include Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard Business, Wharton Women in Business, The Massachusetts Conference for Women, Citi, Fidelity, Prudential, Johnson & Johnson, the Association of Women in Science, Women in Technology International, and the National Association of Professional Women Leadership Conference.
Bonnie earned a BA from Connecticut College and a M.Ed. from New York University. Forbes. com honored her firm, Women’s Success Coaching, three years in a row as one of the Top 100 Websites for Professional Women stating, “Women’s Success Coaching weighs on the many building blocks of empowering women in business, from assertive communication to self-promotion to sensitivity training”.